Re: [ddlm-group] Relationship asmong CIF2, STAR,CIF1 and Python. .

I had thought of the dictionary merging and maintenance as an important
part of DDLm, but agree that it makes sense to break it out and list it
separately to ensure it gets proper attention, and I am very, very happy
with the idea of fully supporting CIF1, especially now that I think I have
a practical way to do so.  So, adopting John W.'s suggestions the list
would now be (John W, please correct what I got wrong):

       1.  Accomodate DDLm and dREL; and
       2.  Provide sound tools for dictionary merging and maintenance; and
       3.  Do this in a way that keeps required changes to existing
archives to a minimum; and
       4.  Do this in a way that allows as much existing CIF software
as possible to continue to operate reliably; and
       5.  To the extent that changes will be needed, provide sound
mechanisms for existing archives and software dependent on CIF1 syntax
and semantics to continue to fully function in conjunction with and making
as much use as is practical of the new dictionaries; and
       6.  Subordinate to the above, add new features to CIF that may
encourage broader use and more software support

Regards,
   Herbert