Re: Final draft of Phase-ID report

Dear Brian,

    Thanks for your approval of the Phase Identifier report.  Perhaps it
will prompt other members of the Working Group to send in their
approval.  The points you raise can, I think, be all dealt with in
editorial mode, but I will commnet on a couple here.

    The suggestion of changing IChI to INChI was made at the meeting I
attended last November.  It was a throw-away comment which was certainly
not followed up in the meeting, though subsequently it might have been
adopted.  I have not heard anything official.

    The example of an IChI given in the report is copied from a sample
that was sent to me so I am not anxious to change anything other than my
added explanation.  In any case the standard has not been officially
adopted and so may still change.  The example should be considered as
something to give the flavour of what they are proposing rather than a
definitive illustration.

    The report on the November meeting is now being proofread and should
be on the web shortly.  I will let people know where they can find it as
soon as I know.

David

--
Dr. I.D.Brown, Professor Emeritus,