No Subject

Dear all,

I have implemented three CIF reading/writing routines into the WinGX
package and associated
programs available from my web-site. These all use the CIFtbx v2.6.2
routines of Syd Hall and Herb Bernstein. These routines serve their purpose
very well and I am very happy with them and can report
no significant problems. The purposes of the three routines are
(a) to import CIF crystallographic and reflection data into the WinGX(i.e.
Shelx) format
(b) to prepare report CIF's which automatically extract requested
information from a collection
of CIF's (in same working directory)
(c) program IUCRVAL which implements the IUCr validation tests. This
routine was intended to provide
an early warning of potential problems during an analysis. It was
implemented before the very useful IUCr web-checking facilities and
unfortunately is now not as complete as these. WinGX also implements the
CIF checking routines in Ton Speks PLATON

Louis Farrugia
From:
Dr. Louis J. Farrugia
Department of Chemistry