Re: Another suggestion for the BNF

  • Subject: Re: Another suggestion for the BNF
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:42:58 +0100 (BST)
Herbert is correct that there is not yet an "official" specification for CIF
syntax incorporating a BNF, although COMCIFS has been working towards such a
reference document for some time and has an advanced draft in hand.

However, so long as it is understood that a BNF representation is necessarily
incomplete, I rather welcome this round of discussion, both because it helps
resolve errors or ambiguities in the current draft and because it is an
excellent example of community cooperation in working towards a common
understanding of the standard and guarding against the proliferation of
dialects.

Regards
Brian