Re: [Cif2-encoding] Revised Motion

Dear John,

   You miss the point -- many people have tried and failed to
clearly specify what you are specifying.  Other than your
wanting this wording to be written, precisely what is the
harm to CIF2 in leaving the ambiguity that has existed for
many years CIF and many other text format descriptions.

   I have tried to come up with wording that will not cause
confusion or provike a fight, and I have failed.  If you
can do it, more power to you, but why should CIF2 be further
delayed while you work on it?

   Enough is enough.  It is time to move on.

   Regards,
     Herbert