Re: Current and Future Computing Commission Issues

Ton, when I retired as chair I specifically nominated a shortlist for
re-election which only included the members who had been active.  I have little
patience with 'political' nominations.  Council were a bit surprised, but it
went off OK.
I have the same feeling about women members.  The sex of members should not be a
consideration at all.  The chairman needs members who give good, active support,
and those should be the only criteria.  'Token' women members are an insult to
women who have achieved success through ability or hard work.

Best wishes
David