ECA SIG 9 (CCSIG) Annual meeting

  • To: Discussion list of the IUCr Commission on Crystallographic Computing <compcomm@iucr.org>
  • Subject: ECA SIG 9 (CCSIG) Annual meeting
  • From: Harry Powell <harry@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:10:11 +0000
Hi folks

Sorry to fill up the inboxes of people who are not interested parties (nor wish to be one) to the European Crystallographic Association's Special Interest Group 9 ("Crystallographic Computing", or CCSIG).

CCSIG will hold its Annual meeting during ECM 26 which is being held in Darmstadt, Germany. I'm not sure if there is a room allocated, but the Seminar rooms "Argentums" and "Chromium" seem to have been reserved (there are 13 parallel SIG sessions all due to take place in the same rooms, so I'm a little confused).

The meeting will take place on Tuesday 31st August 2010 between 1200 and 1245.

The only agenda item at the moment is to discuss the SIG's activities leading up to SIG 27 (which will be held in Bergen, Norway in 2012); it is important that the SIG has plans to present to the Programme Committee for that meeting to make sure that the interests of the SIG (which are fundamental to all other SIGs) are represented appropriately.

If anyone has any other items to raise, please let me know well beforehand.

If you wish to register your interest with the SIG and have not already done so, please inform me directly so that I can bring the mailing list up-to-date. Even if you have previously registered your interest, it would be helpful to me to let me know so that I can make sure your name is on the list.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell
Treasurer British Crystallographic Association