membership of the dmg

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: membership of the dmg
  • From: "I. David Brown" <idbrown@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:21:39 GMT
Dear Colleagues,

	With the beginning of a new three-year mandate for COMCIFS, it is
appropriate that the new members of COMCIFS have a chance to approve the
membership of the various Dictionary Maintenance Groups (DMG).  The
current membership of the Core-DMG is as follows:

Members:
	David Brown
	Paul Edgington
	Syd Hall
	Brian McMahon
	Ton Spek

Consultants:
	Yuri Grin
	Howard Flack
	George Sheldrick

Any of the above may suggest changes to the CIF core dictionary, and the
members are expected to comment on such proposals.  The consultants need
only comment if they feel the need.  When a consensus has been reached
among the members, the proposed changes are forwarded to Comcifs for
final approval.  I can see the need for a few minor changes in the next
year or so, but I do not think service on this DMG will be particularly
arduous.

	Can you confirm that you are willing to continue to serve as above
on the Core DMG?  When I have all the names in, I will present them to
Comcifs for formal approval.

			David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca