Re: membership of the dmg

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: membership of the dmg
  • From: a.l.spek@chem.uu.nl (a.l.spek)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:36:24 GMT
Dear David,

	I am available

Best wishes

Ton

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> 	With the beginning of a new three-year mandate for COMCIFS, it is
> appropriate that the new members of COMCIFS have a chance to approve the
> membership of the various Dictionary Maintenance Groups (DMG).  The
> current membership of the Core-DMG is as follows:
>
> Members:
> 	David Brown
> 	Paul Edgington
> 	Syd Hall
> 	Brian McMahon
> 	Ton Spek
>
> Consultants:
> 	Yuri Grin
> 	Howard Flack
> 	George Sheldrick
>
> Any of the above may suggest changes to the CIF core dictionary, and the
> members are expected to comment on such proposals.  The consultants need
> only comment if they feel the need.  When a consensus has been reached
> among the members, the proposed changes are forwarded to Comcifs for
> final approval.  I can see the need for a few minor changes in the next
> year or so, but I do not think service on this DMG will be particularly
> arduous.
>
> 	Can you confirm that you are willing to continue to serve as above
> on the Core DMG?  When I have all the names in, I will present them to
> Comcifs for formal approval.
>
> 			David

> Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
> Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
> McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
> Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
> Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
> idbrown@mcmaster.ca

# Dr. A.L.Spek, Laboratory of Crystal and Structural Chemistry             #
# Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University.            #
# (Kruytgebouw, room N801), Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands. #
# E-mail: a.l.spek@chem.uu.nl       http://www.cryst.chem.uu.nl/           #
#                                   http://www.cryst.chem.uu.nl/platon/    #
#                                   anonymous ftp: xraysoft.chem.uu.nl     #
# FAX   : (31)-30-2533940           PHONE : (31)-30-2532538/2533/3902/3502 #