Re: 4 new proposed data items for the core CIF DIC

Dear Howard,

Somehow I seem to have become very busy in the last few days and I am
only now getting around to answering all my email.

I have made a note of your suggestions for enantioexcess and
dimensionless numbers (or should that be unitless numbers?).  I have
been inundated with Acta Cryst. E papers (12 in the last 2 months) and
the wires have been humming with pre-Florence discussions (which is a
good thing), so I have not been able to get back to the core dictionary
development.  I think that the chemistry side of the proposed changes
should wait until we see which way CIF is going because it might be
better to save these for a DDL3 dictionary which I expect to be soon
under development.  However, the regular proposed changes to the
coreCIF.dic should continue, though they may have to wait til September.

I hope to see you in Florence.

David
begin:vcard
fn:I.David Brown
n:Brown;I.David
org:McMaster University;Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research
adr:;;King St. W;Hamilton;Ontario;L8S 4M1;Canada
email;internet:idbrown@mcmaster.ca
title:Professor Emeritus
tel;work:+905 525 9140 x 24710
tel;fax:+905 521 2773