Re: CCDC/IUCr Journals proposal 2: Addition of identifiers toAUDIT_AUTHOR and related categories.

  • To: James Hester <james.r.hester@gmail.com>, Distribution list of the IUCr COMCIFS Core Dictionary Maintenance Group<coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: CCDC/IUCr Journals proposal 2: Addition of identifiers toAUDIT_AUTHOR and related categories.
  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 03:12:58 +0000
  • DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;d=cam-ac-uk.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623;h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to;bh=Tl97hxrmCvABFOqYVvQ+KmFHxP5tGbTZOPj0fSeIx0s=;b=HDnu1x95zeWh513PTq+STAzowCU3ALfeVZWclwabBCmX5TKdoRjZ7R8P9gnrUdlImWrA64ew/ulpMoUKSoCO63D2DNAJBD8nTC0hFaWs2mqTkzUEB98V/+1K1QuHg/PG+i9aR1fdO4z1BWBw6eLUjYqWuiBTIwnGV9oly6AZPKt33QGyIAbSxH+F1hXjg8zF41Ln9ZbbWwGyaBzvOmFsEAGxoHVRfdz+vGT89voD7Vv2Ftb1X2vIlPA6yX5OtLFcV4dxaSNZq5VTrKxpHYZmomHw838JTNIRIkogfkd5mTjy5iDExQ6SwTjKdE21MfxoreZGKwnum7I28PZr3je17g==
Normally it would be a good idea to be informed by current usage elsewhere, but
 bibliographic metadata is variable and inconsistent. Here's a typical <meta> entry in highwire format:

If this were a published standard I would suggest we adopt some of the terms, But it isn't. So CIF can do it better.
The other place that may standardize de facto is Wikidata/Scholia.
Worth keeping an eye on.