Re: Relationship between _publ_author.id and _audit_author.id

On Friday, 7 August 2020 11:02:10 BST James Hester wrote:> There is a bit of history to the publ_author category which those who have> been around longer than I might add to. Back around 1995 Acta C accepted> CIFs as the entire publication, that is, a CIF file was sent in and> transformed into a publication with no further text from the authors.> Fairly good idea at the time as it avoided messing around with document> formats and lowered the barriers to submission as far as possible with the> idea of getting all of those structures buried in drawers reported.> > I believe pure CIF submissions are still possible for some IUCr journals> including Acta C. The "publ" categories therefore capture the information> relevant to publication such as author list, abstract and so forth, and> should only be used if the CIF is the primary source of the publication> itself.>
CIF submissions are in fact mandatory for submissions to Acta Crystallographica Section E and IUCrData and do contain the entire manuscript.
Acta Crystallographica Section C will accept pure CIF submissions or a hybridsubmission of structural CIF and text in a Word processor format.
--
With best wishes,Mike HoylandSystems DeveloperIUCr, Chester==================================