Re: Relationship between _publ_author.id and _audit_author.id

Hello Mike,

Am I right in assuming that these submissions would handle the _publ_* information from the global section correctly?

I really think that there should never be _publs_* items in the data blocks themselves.

Horst

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 at 11:21, Mike Hoyland via coreDMG <coredmg@iucr.org> wrote:
On Friday, 7 August 2020 11:02:10 BST James Hester wrote:
> There is a bit of history to the publ_author category which those who have
> been around longer than I might add to. Back around 1995 Acta C accepted
> CIFs as the entire publication, that is, a CIF file was sent in and
> transformed into a publication with no further text from the authors.
> Fairly good idea at the time as it avoided messing around with document
> formats and lowered the barriers to submission as far as possible with the
> idea of getting all of those structures buried in drawers reported.
>
> I believe pure CIF submissions are still possible for some IUCr journals
> including Acta C. The "publ" categories therefore capture the information
> relevant to publication such as author list, abstract and so forth, and
> should only be used if the CIF is the primary source of the publication
> itself.

CIF submissions are in fact mandatory for submissions to Acta
Crystallographica Section E and IUCrData and do contain the entire manuscript.

Acta Crystallographica Section C will accept pure CIF submissions or a hybrid
submission of structural CIF and text in a Word processor format.

--

With best wishes,
Mike Hoyland