[dddwg] Finalised Triennial Report of the IUCr DDDWG

Dear Colleagues,
We attach the finalised Triennial Report of the IUCr DDDWG.

We also made available our recently circulated draft to ICSTI and CODATA Executive Secretaries and to the Research Data Alliance Structural Biology WG Leader (nb we are planning to expand our contacts with the Research Data Alliance).

Thus in the revised version attached you will see links to biological specific metadata, which are indeed quite intricate; such research field specific metadata illustrate the need for our IUCr Commissions to check if other such metadata might need to be applied. In addition Issue C has been added; this linked inputs from the RDA along with our own gestating thoughts of 'data-deluge' situations and where 'triage' might need to be applied.

As to the meeting time slot at Montreal it has been suggested that we select a timeslot not in parallel with the Third General Assembly session (of Monday 11th August 7.30pm). So instead we offer the suggestion of Friday 8th August 2014 at 7.30pm (this clashes with 'poster sessions or a Jazz evening event' ie see :-
http://www.iucr2014.org/side_program/scientific_program/program_at_a_glance_e.shtml
If we receive no objection to that timeslot within a week from today we will request a room booking for upto 60 persons.

Best wishes,
John R Helliwell & Brian McMahon
on behalf of the IUCr DDDWG

IUCr_DDDWG_Triennial_Report_2011_2014_final.pdf