Re: [dddwg] Initiation of formal proposal resulting fromdiscussions at the DDDWG satellite meeting of the ECM Croatia

Dear All,

Some clarifications

1. Frame  formats:

As I wrote to Herbert, there is no single CBF format - beamlines create various modifications. Some companies that distribute Detectors also created their own frame format. Tom Terwilliger and I  are working on minimum metadata header that would allow to process datasets. If this header would be add to every  frame format, such a data usually can be  process easily regardless the information that is in other part of the header.

2. doi

We now have over 2800 publicly available diffraction experiments (around 300 are in pipeline). As of today, we are starting to assign doi. There are several problems related to it. For examle:
Once doi is assigned, it can not be removed or modify. What one should do when PDB depositor changes the title. We can not change doi. We will follow PDB approach to it.

3. doi citations

People will not use doi citations in their original paper because doi data have to be public and this can happen only when paper is already publish. I do believe that we have catch 22 here.

Best regards

Wladek