Re: [ddlm-group] Summary of proposed CIF syntax changes

The summary did not include a rationale for all of the quotation rule
changes, which is the area that makes the least sense to me.

The section defining the rationale for not allowing lexical characters
outside the 7-bit range (the first Reasoning paragraph) might mention
that it affords faster parsing by deferring any UTF-8 conversions.

I see that the commas were left out of the list syntax. It may be good
to put a short paragraph about the alternative comma-delimited syntax,
so that other people reviewing the proposal have a chance to comment.

Thanks,
Joe Krahn