Re: [ddlm-group] Eliding in triple-quoted strings: Proposals CandD . .. .

On Friday, January 07, 2011 1:16 PM, SIMON WESTRIP wrote:
>Just to clarify, John, would
>
>_item """"\
>"\
>"\
>"""
>return a value of """ in this scheme? (where the backslashes preceed newlines)

Yes, it would (and that’s consistent with Python).  That is one of the implications of

>> 4) Elides are processed as if after lexical analysis (unlike in Java, where Unicode escapes are processed as if before lexing).

I’m imagine we can come up with better wording for that.

Cheers,

John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.

Department of Structural Biology

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital