Re: [ddlm-group] Simon's elide proposal

On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:02 PM, Herbert J. Bernstein wrote:
>Under Ralf's proposal there would be two alternate elides
>for a quote mark \" or "\\n for double quote and \' or '\\n
>for single quote (pre and post elides).  Under Simon's proposal
>there would be only "\\n and '\\n (post elides).  James is
>right, either one will work, but I suspect users will find
>the pre elides easier to read.

Proposal A provides the pre-elides, if you would prefer those over post-elides.  As I already indicated, I could live with that.  It is not among my most favored proposals, however, on account of being in Simon's Class 2 (requires support in the lexer).  Among the Class 2 proposals, A is my favorite.

John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital