[ddlm-group] Relationship asmong CIF2, STAR, CIF1 and Python

James has requeested that I formally send a message to this list
about a matter discussed recently in independent email in order
to ensure a record.  At first I declined to do so, but after
reflection, I have decided to do as James has asked.

I have withdrawn my vote in COMCIFS in support of CIF2 going
forward at this time.  I have done so because, after emails
from Nick and Brian, it has become clear to me that I was
making false assumptions about the relationship between
CIF2 and STAR.  I believe that a zero-based discussion is
now needed on what the relationship should be among CIF2,
STAR, CIF1 and Python to best serve the interests
of the crystallographic community.  I do not know what
is best and do not know how long such a discussion may take.
I leave it to James, Nick and Brian to decide if Nick's and
Brian's messages should be posted on this list for the record.