Re: [ddlm-group] Removing Octal,Hexadecimal and Binary as DDLm types

  • To: Group finalising DDLm and associated dictionaries <ddlm-group@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ddlm-group] Removing Octal,Hexadecimal and Binary as DDLm types
  • From: Simon Westrip <simonwestrip@btinternet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:13:22 +0000 (UTC)
  • DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s2048;t=1519038839; bh=jDny7wiV2WbZVNCi0ViLFy2XQblCmOfPGUuTcSU4s0A=;h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject;b=KyHdE/O2e4Ft6IGgc7k8QQ9ubNHqPohCI9ZhohRkuiDOzA9S13My2TXf2j2IO8NGFWMFlpkE4+8oRN9CF32FmopP/UZZTFJ0qyI/jSt0Tl+q+dSNig2I1qxUP1sElXwpGEIj8rhGByVb9LtY000rh9kojESDarqL/6jvlkew0i/3myNNb8IRtRZ1fc2EYQQbairAwtv9pdKP/xcgDLtkRFW13YuPvmY0LYDtWhoZ1X9XKkQ4I8bcS+Y6XSuw8UZ4aPOcaAILS44BdPOVqNtQcs0MSYorRRg29ZDasoA2j4VzULM+o1HqdDoe1VjMIwJmiCbN9QWEBNL6hdISEB8Afw==
Hi James - I'd be inclined just to drop the types in DDLm.
Extending the semantics used for presenting numbers
seems like placing an unnecessary burden on CIF application developers
(obliged to look out for octal, hexadecimal, binary ...)

Cheers

Simon