Re: Fwd: ingenta Institute Study

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <epc-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: ingenta Institute Study
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:22:02 +0100 (BST)
Howard

Thanks for forwarding the result of the Ingenta study. Not only have I
still not fixed the list software's inability to decipher Netscape mail
attachments, but I found upon unwrapping the message by hand that after
two uudecodings and an unzipping, I had files in a version of Excel
incompatible with the one on my system. Undeterred, I imported them to
Sun StarOffice and exported as HTML. The results are available at
http://www.iucr.org/~bm/ingenta/ for anyone who would like to save
themselves the pain of going through the same exercise. I haven't yet
actually read the tables!

Brian

PS The web server doesn't know about .xls files, so if you follow the links
to the Excel files themselves, be sure to use your browser's file download
hotkey to access them (shift-click for Netscape I think).