[High-pressure-crystallography] PhD position at the ESRF on dynamic compression
- To: hpf-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, high-pressure-crystallography@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: [High-pressure-crystallography] PhD position at the ESRF on dynamic compression
- From: Raffaella TORCHIO via High-pressure-crystallography <high-pressure-crystallography@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 17:14:33 +0100
- Cc: Raffaella TORCHIO <raffaella.torchio@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: ESRF
- References: <email@example.com>
I'm advertising a PhD position at the European Synchrotron
(ESRF), on properties of high Z metals under laser shock
compression up to the TPa range probed by time resolved XAS, for
application in Inertial Confinement Fusion research.
The successful candidate will join ID24’s and BM23’s team at the ESRF, two beamlines dedicated to X-ray Absorption (XAS) coupled to static and dynamic extreme conditions. In particular, this PhD project is related to the development of the new High Power Laser Facility (HPLF-I) at the ESRF that couples a 100J nsec laser to the energy dispersive XAS beamline ID24, and it is in collaboration with First Light Fusion company (UK) and LULI-Ecole Polytechnique laboratory, within the InnovaXN programme.
The appointment is for 3 years. The candidate should have a degree allowing enrollment for a PhD (such as MSc, Master 2 de Recherche, Laurea or equivalent) in physics or materials science. A background in experimentation is desirable, a background in extreme conditions and/or lasers and optics and/or XAS would be an advantage. In compliance with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie mobility rule, the candidates may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than twelve months in the three years immediately before the date of recruitment.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the doctoral school of Ecole Polytechnique, Université Paris‐Saclay, France and based full-time at the ESRF (Grenoble, France), other than a 3-months secondment at Company First Light Fusion in Oxford (UK). Additional visits totaling no more than 3 months may be made to the Ecole Polytechnique (LULI laboratory) when needed. Furthermore, a varied pedagogical training programme will be offered to the successful candidate throughout the 3-year PhD project.
The application deadline is 31/03/2021. Starting date is
More details can be found here:
-- Raffaella TORCHIO Beamline Scientist in charge of HPLF-I ID24 Beamline ESRF 71 rue des Martyrs 38000 Grenoble, FRANCE tel: +33 (0)476882906
_______________________________________________ High-pressure-crystallography mailing list High-pressure-crystallography@xxxxxxxx http://mailman.iucr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/high-pressure-crystallography
Reply to: [list | sender only]
- Re: [High-pressure-crystallography] PhD position at the ESRF on dynamic compression (Raffaella TORCHIO via High-pressure-crystallography)
- Prev by Date: [High-pressure-crystallography] 3rd DyCoMaX workshop - registration until 7th January
- Next by Date: Re: [High-pressure-crystallography] PhD position at the ESRF on dynamic compression
- Previous by thread: [High-pressure-crystallography] 3rd DyCoMaX workshop - registration until 7th January
- Next by thread: Re: [High-pressure-crystallography] PhD position at the ESRF on dynamic compression