Re: imgCIF / CBF web pages

Hi Andy,

I just got back in town and got your message regarding the
CBF WWW page.  As I looked over the page I was surprised by
your repeated use of CIF rather than mmCIF.  Since you
proposing to extend the mmCIF definitions I think that you
should consider a global substitution of mmCIF for CIF.
And perhaps you could provide a reference to the mmCIF
dictionary and links to the mmCIF home page.

An appropriate mmCIF citation is:

@incollection{mmcif:3,
	author = { Philip E. Bourne and Helen M. Berman and
                   Brian McMahon and Keith D. Watenpaugh and
                   John Westbrook and  Paula M. D. Fitzgerald},
        title = {{Macromolecular Crystallography, Part B}},
	chapter = {{The Macromolecular Crystallographic Information File
(mmCIF)}},
        booktitle = {Methods in Enzymology},
        editor = {Charles W. Carter and Robert M. Sweet},
        publisher = {Academic Press},
        volume = 277,
	year = 1997
}

Also, I am now confused about what you folks want me to
place on the mmCIF sites about CBF.  At present I have
the meeting review that Andy Howard sent me and the
the draft dictionary.

Regards,

John

  John Westbrook
  Department of Chemistry
  610 Taylor Road
  Piscataway, NJ 08854-8087
  e-mail: jwest@ndb.rutgers.edu
  Ph:  (732) 445-4290  Fax: (732) 445-4320