Re: imgCIF / CBF web pages

I propose to modify slightly the "imgCIF / CBF Home Page" web page
to recognize the large contribution made to the project by members of
the mmCIF group, and the close collaboration between the two groups.

I propose to add this paragraph:

--------------------

Much of the work of the group and many of its members
are also part of the macromolecular CIF (mmCIF) group.
For further information on mmCIF click
For the mmCIF
home page click <a href="http://ndbserver.rutgers.edu/NDB/mmcif/index.html">
here</a>.

--------------------

I propose also to modify the first paragraph to add a link to this (new)
cifs.html page:

--------------------

Information on CIF may be found at
http://www.iucr.ac.uk/cif/home.html</a> or a number of links to
different CIF projects are available <a href="http:cifs.html"> here </a>.

--------------------

The "cifs.html" page proposed is:

--------------------

<head>
<! cifs.html >

<title> INFORMATION ON CIF'S </title>
</head>

alink="#80FFFF" background="back.jpg">
<hr>
<h1 align=center> INFORMATION ON CIF'S </h1>

<hr>

Information on CIFs and the COMCIFS committe may be found at
http://www.iucr.ac.uk/cif/home.html</a>
The original paper describing the CIF format is:
1. S R Hall, F H Allen, and I D Brown, "The Crystallographic Information
File (CIF): a New Standard Archive File for Crystallography",
Acta Cryst., A47, 655-685 (1991)</a>
mmCIF (macromolecular Crystallographic Information File) is an
extension of the original CIF concept to support the added complexity
of very large macromolecular structures.
For information on mmCIF see:
<pre>
     Methods in Enzymology

     Editors: Charles W. Carter and Robert M. Sweet,

     Macromolecular Crystallography, Part B

     The Macromolecular Crystallographic Information File
     (mmCIF),

     Authors: Philip E. Bourne and Helen M. Berman and
             Brian McMahon and Keith D. Watenpaugh and
             John Westbrook and  Paula M. D. Fitzgerald

     Publisher: Academic Press,

     Volume 277, 1997

</pre>

For the mmCIF
home page click <a href="http://ndbserver.rutgers.edu/NDB/mmcif/index.html">
here</a>.
PowderCIF is an extension to cover items particular to powder diffraction
data. Information on the PowderCIF dictionary can be found at
http://www.iucr.ac.uk/cif/pd/index.html</a>.
<hr>

This page has been produced by Andy Hammersley (E-mail: hammersley@esrf.fr).
It is subject to further modification. If you have helpful suggestions,
please send them to me.
<hr>

I hope this strikes an appropriate balance. Comments ?

  Andy