Re: [Imgcif-l] CBF - Adding binary proprietary format header dump

One important point -- while, strictly speaking, there should be no harm
in adding additional binary sections anywhere in a CBF, I believe people
have gotten used to finding the image as the first (and in all current
cases as the only) binary section.  So, it might be a good idea to put
such supplemental binary header binary sections after the image, so that
packages that are looking for the image don't get confused.

Personally I would agree with Harry that an ascii translation of binary
header would be easier to work with in checking the format.  That could
appear before the image with the risk of confusion.

Regards,
  Herbert