Re: [pdDMG] DDLm pdCIF Issue 1: could detector and 2 theta offsetbe looped together in pd_calib?

  • To: pddmg@iucr.org
  • Subject: Re: [pdDMG] DDLm pdCIF Issue 1: could detector and 2 theta offsetbe looped together in pd_calib?
  • From: James Hester <jamesrhester@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 16:59:16 +1100
  • DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113;h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to;bh=A1zngH6VlYDospINNr1J/AjWSGbkGrjqaliIBYYBg1k=;b=T3JX/Ecc7LwfxvjN8k+dR5hK65OkxT+hmcHAdfefWP9tDZvWjySvWf3awGv8lMNGFpCLAjdoFC5nOWN2h+uqMRxk64yDGEHl4ZGSrUw6XdkRx7b22QLJjB7OaAqY76oNWFo72CzlCTo/yBNR/VEoe9OXBH9Btwfa81kidbsqiqOo8KEiOLHejy8WYPTNL5NFAjBTr3ZdYVQKHH/V6wP/me28Z1SmqEJnrfvke+/8XgDJu1EzGwNqx8ljB30GoV9AqSXGpJ4rj+E5DkyFV/a+qK6iMm5qsUsNoVZiFBX8cNoxhpOaOTCW1GQZQUUwyERN6fu/CvG9a/MzVU/rqQHZpQ==
(Another missed message from Brian below)

The situation with Brian's single Huber seems to be described well with a 'correction against 2 theta' table using _pd_calib_offset_* (http://comcifs.github.io/cif_pow.dic.html#PD_CALIB_OFFSET).  But you have reminded me that our PD neutron detector here consists of 128 tubes, all of which have their own 2 theta offset correction.  This is all absorbed during the data reduction but would be nice to capture nevertheless in the output pdCIF file.

What I suggest we then do is add a pd_calib_offset.detector_id dataname for the situations in which there is a separate offset per detector. This dataname would take a default value in the case of a single detector and so could be left out of the _pd_calib_offset loop in that case.

James.