[SA_Scat] fully funded 3 year postdoc position at HZDR

Dear all,
the Helmholtz AI Young Investigators Group at the Institute of Radiation Physics of Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf [1] is currently inviting applications of *Physicists with strong background in X-ray scattering techniques*.
Our interdisciplinary Machine Learning group, ranging from a gifted 17 year old pupil to PostDocs in Physics, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, is developing methods for digital twinning of experiments in Radiation Physics. Our main research basically splits into PDE learning/surrogate models as well as reconstruction of experimentally-acquired data.

Brief description:You will be researching novel data-driven algorithms for fast analysis of scattering data and robust phase retrieval algorithms. Furthermore, you are going to collaborate with our theoretical Physicists and experimentalists in order to unveil certain experimental modalities (e.g. imaging, radiation diagnostics) as well as experimental conditions that enable robust reconstruction of scattering data at high repetition rates.
We expect:* PhD in Physics, (Applied) Mathematics, or a related discipline* experience with X-ray scattering techniques (e.g. Small-Angle X-ray Scattering, Coherent Diffraction Imaging, Ptychography)* basic knowledge of state-of-the-art reconstruction techniques (e.g. HIO, RAAR)
Advantageous but not necessary are:* programming skills (Python, NumPy, PyTorch)* knowledge of/experience with Machine Learning techniques (Convolutional Neural Networks, (non-)convex optimization)

Interested? Further information can be found here => https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=490&pOid=60370&pContLang=en
Any questions, inquiries, etc. are welcome!

Best,Nico

[1]  https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=132
--Dr. Nico HoffmannInstitute of Radiation PhysicsHelmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V. (HZDR)T +49 351 260 3668
_______________________________________________sa_scat mailing listsa_scat@iucr.orghttp://mailman.iucr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sa_scat