Re: Proposal for the Teaching Commission (fwd)

Title:
The teaching pamphlets are very valuable.  I certainly refer students to the iucr website for these.
If there are people willing to write them, by all means ask them to go ahead.  The commission might only be needed for final editing, if necessary.

Susan

L. Cranswick wrote:
If there are volunteers ready to do the work, what actual Commission
member involvement is required?  Can they be told to go ahead and
return when they have their drafts ready?

Lachlan

Dear members/consultants of the Teaching Commission
I am forwarding an exchange of messages copied to me by my colleague and
friend Giovanni Ferraris of the University of Turin who with  Prof
Dhananjiai Pandey support the possibility to re-start producing the
pamphlets like that ones produced some time ago.
I should like very much to know your opinion on this matter and in case
who would like to volunteer for starting with a possible programme.
I will send very soon detailed information about the school (you
probably remeber the exchange of messages we had at the end of last
september on this subject) planned for next september in Pontignano.
Please, send me a reply to this message to let me know that you have
received it.
Wishing a very happy and successful 2006
Best regards
Paola

     Dear Dhananjai,

I appreciate very much you proposal to be responsible of a liaison
between CIMS and the Teaching Commission. In particular, I would be
very happy if you could organize the publication of pamphlets as you
mention in your message below. I suggest you to directly contact the
Chair of the Teaching Commission, Paola Spadon paola.spadon@unipd.it
(who receives CC this message), in order to agree a programme.
Best regards
Giovanni