Re: Meaning of _category.mandatory_code

Dear Colleagues,

  Three essential prerequisites for community adoption
of any data represenatation standard are:

  1.  Clear, publicly available documentation
  2.  Full software support in the major languages
used by the community.
  3.  Workable means to migrate existing pools
of documents to the new representation.

DDL3 is an important conceptual step forward.  Now
we need to find the resources (people, time and
money) to integrate it into our scientific efforts.

  Regards,
    Herbert