From: cif-developers [mailto:cif-developers-bounces@iucr.org] On Behalf Of Robert Hanson
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 6:20 PM
To: Forum for CIF software developers <cif-developers@iucr.org>
Subject: Re: CIF-JSON new draft

That's true. I hadn't thought of that. Of course, that's what the === operator is for.

Never mind.

John, what's the issue?

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3 May 2017 at 23:41, Robert Hanson <hansonr@stolaf.edu> wrote:
> John has an interesting point. For example:
>
> {
> "_chemical_formula_sum": null
> }
>
> cannot be distinguished easily from
>
> {
> }
>
> (You can iterate through all keys to see if one is missing, but that is not
> typically how it is done.)

If it's about JS I don't understand your point. In one case the
property is null and in the other it's undefined. Clearly different.

Marcin

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer