Re: [Cif2-encoding] Revised Motion

On Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:02 AM, I wrote:

>Perhaps a viable solution would be to include a definition of "text file" derived from that proposal.

Specifically, that might look something like this:

Reference to text files means binary representations of sequences of characters, either in a system-dependent form, provided that the characters are all drawn from the ASCII set, or alternatively as the sequence of bytes resulting from encoding the character sequence according to UTF-8.

John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital