Re: CIF description of twinning

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: CIF description of twinning
  • From: Howard Flack <Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:51:55 +0100 (BST)
Dear Brian and everyone else,

  I think you have chosen a very effective way to advance this
discussion on the recording of twinning. I like the idea that strchm
give thought to their requirements without having to make specific
proposals in CIF syntax. I'll be happy to read through the strchm
archive from time to time to see how they are getting on. I think that
the solid state physicists interested in ferro-whatever would also have
something to offer. They have both rotational and antiphase domains.

Best wishes,
  H.

PS
 (1) Could you exceptionally forward this message to strchm of which I
am not a member and which was not in the TO: of the message I received.
 (2) I also apologize in advance for the considerable delays which may
occur in my responses to the comcif or coredmg lists over the
forthcoming 16 months until August 2002. As you are all by now aware the
IUCr executive committee has decided that the IUCr Congress 2002 will
take place in Geneva. Menahem and Joel were here on Friday. My top
priority is giving them advice, information, etc on the Swiss/Geneva
scene so they can make a success of their Congress.
 (3) May be J. F.-A. and her merry band of structural chemists would
like to have a public discussion on such matters in LA or in Krakow.
Simon Parsons is organizing a pre-ECM Krakow workshop on twinning. Maybe
the good man could try and get his participants to express their
requirements.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: +41 22 702 62 49