Request for new data name _citation_database_id_CSD

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Request for new data name _citation_database_id_CSD
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:16:05 GMT
Dear Colleagues

In the near future a few data names will likely be proposed by the IUCr
Editorial office and the Cambridge Structural Database. I wish to collect
these together with a few items from an earlier round of proposals and
release a new version of the Core dictionary before long.

The first new proposal is for this item:

data_citation_database_id_CSD
    _name                      '_citation_database_id_CSD'
    _category                    citation
    _type                        char
    _list                        yes
    _list_reference            '_citation_id'
    _example                     LEKKUH
    _definition
;              Identifier ('refcode') of the database record in the Cambridge
              Structural Database containing details of a cited structure.
;

Its specific purpose is to allow CSD entries that are space-group revisions
of earlier entries to refer to the earlier entries; since the reference will
usually include a literature citation, the existing Core _citation_ category
seemed the natural location for this new item. The name is constructed by
analogy with the existing _citation_database_id_Medline.

I propose that we conduct a formal vote later, on the anticipated set of
revisions, rather than on individual data names; but I release this one
singly to ask whether anyone has any objection. If no objections are immediately
forthcoming, CCDC will begin to code this new name in the CIFs they plan to
output from the CSD.

Regards