Re: [ddlm-group] Role of separators in CIF

I want to vote "For" on this proposition, but I'm concerned by Nick's
assertion of 9 October
http://www.iucr.org/__data/iucr/lists/ddlm-group/msg00038.html

     (1) restricting the character set of non-delimited strings is
     NON-NEGOTIABLE. If we don't restrict it, then we can't build
     recursive data structures and exploit DDLm.

I understood this to be definitely ruling out the embedding of the
quote characters in non-delimited strings, but I've lost track of the
details of the subsequent discussions.

Regards
Brian