Re: [ddlm-group] LOOP versus LIST

On 6/01/10 3:04 AM, "Herbert J. Bernstein" <yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com>
wrote:

> An index key is not a name, but a string, so I think it reasonable to
> accept the empty string as a table index value.

Agreed.

> Case sensitivity is an interesting question.  I would prefer case sensitive
> table indices, but I suppose that matter should be discussed.

Case insensitivity has always been with regard to data names and star
keywords. Data values have always been case SENSITIVE. The Table, it indices
and their associated values are ALL values in a CIF sense. Hence the indices
of a table are data and case SENSITIVE.

I think that is a consistent interpretation with CIF1 (and I think a better
interpretation to have the indices as case sensitive).

cheers

Nick

Associate Professor N. Spadaccini, PhD
School of Computer Science & Software Engineering

The University of Western Australia    t: +61 (0)8 6488 3452
35 Stirling Highway                    f: +61 (0)8 6488 1089
CRAWLEY, Perth,  WA  6009 AUSTRALIA   w3: www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~nick
MBDP  M002

CRICOS Provider Code: 00126G

e: Nick.Spadaccini@uwa.edu.au