Re: [ddlm-group] UTF-8 BOM

On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:25 AM, Brian McMahon wrote (referring to specification of UTF-8 encoding as part of the CIF2 format):
>Having said that, I am not in favour of unpicking what we have already
>effectively agreed by consensus.  [...]

Fair enough.  I rather expected that response, in fact, but I had a go at it anyway.

This is one of those aspects of the spec that would be amenable to later revision if there were sufficient interest and will.

John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital