Re: [ddlm-group] DDLm aliases (subject changed). .. .. .. .. .. .... .. .. .

On Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:46 AM, Herbert J. Bernstein wrote:
[...]
>I think the original COMCIFS decision of a global
>name space was a wise choice for the major applications of
>CIF, and would suggest we stick to it for DDLm.

For the record, lest it be obscured by the volume of rhetoric, none of the name space issues I have raised in this discussion of DDLm aliases should be construed as advocacy for COMCIFS changing policy on naming, prefixes, etc..  The introduction of DDLm is no justification for such a disruptive move.  All I ask the group to consider is whether DDLm should provide for cases where COMCIFS policy is not observed.

Cheers,

John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital