[Fwd: Fwd: Euromap Newsletter]

--Boundary_(ID_ZeRiviRm6fduEBBpM6m2jQ)

--
VISITING GENEVA? See http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/geneva02.html

Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: +41 22 702 62 49
24 quai Ernest-Ansermet             mailto:Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch
CH-1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland                   Fax: +41 22 702 61 08

--Boundary_(ID_ZeRiviRm6fduEBBpM6m2jQ)

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:30:11 +0100
From: Marie Wallin <mw@LIB.KTH.SE>
Subject: Fwd: Euromap Newsletter
Sender: ICSTI-L list <ICSTI-L@DTIC.MIL>
To: ICSTI-L@DTIC.MIL

For information:
Translation came up as one of the interesting subjects for ICSTI-members at
the meeting of the executive board earlier this month.
For information the EU has an ongoing large program on Human Language
Technology ( htl ) that has now started a e-newslletter as kan be seen below.
Regards, Marie

>Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:37:40 +0200
>
>Subject: Euromap Newsletter
>From: <newsletter@hltcentral.org>
>Error-To: <newsletter@hltcentral.org>
>

>Welcome to Euromap Language Technologies first monthly newsletter. We
>hope that you will find this newsletter useful. Please send any
>feedback you may have to mailto:sean@vandusseldorp.com
>
>***YOU WILL ONLY RECEIVE THIS NEWSLETTER ONCE. TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE IT
>ON A MONTHLY BASIS, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AT
>http://www.hltcentral.org/lists/ciao.php?v=2543nRAydKEuYKzkWFuhNHwhVAtYL8p
>***
>
>A browsable HTML version of this newsletter is also available from:
>http://www.hltcentral.org/usr_docs/newsletter/current-issue.html
>
>Euromap Language Technologies: 'Facilitating the path to market for
>language and speech technologies in Europe.' Euromap LT aims to provide
>awareness, bridge-building and market-enabling services for
>accelerating the rate of technology transfer and market take-up of the
>results of European Human Language Technologies RTD projects.
>
>The Euromap Language Technologies monthly newsletter brings you all the
>latest developments in the field of Human Language Technologies from
>Europe and beyond over the past month, and keeps you abreast of
>upcoming events, EU calls and other useful information.

>If you find this newsletter useful and informative, feel free to
>forward the newsletter and share it with others.
>===================================-
>
>***** e-2001 - Venice *****
>
>e-2001: Opportunities for Language Technology in Multilingual e-Markets
>Venice, 17-19 October
>http://www.ebew.net/prog-day3.htm
>
>***************************
>

>Newsletter Content
>=========
>* This month's feature - Voice Portals
>* This month's success story - Voice Portal for Mobile Communications
>* Euromap Language Technologies News
>* Other Human Language Technologies-related news
>* Upcoming Events
>* EU Calls
>

>===================================-
>VISIT HTTP://WWW.HLTCENTRAL.ORG - Your Gateway to Speech & Language
>Technology Opportunities on the Web.
>
>HLTCentral is an online information resource of human language
>technologies and related topics of interest to the HLT community at
>large, with a special focus on Europe. Here you will find all the
>latest news, views, events listings, links, EU calls and published
>documents and research for the sector.
>===================================-
>

>This month's feature
>********************
>
>Opening up the internet through Voice Portals
>The rise of the voice portal in eCommerce and the role of human
>language technologies in its future: will voice portals be the first
>'killer app' of speech processing?
>http://www.hltcentral.org/page-883.shtml
>

>Success Stories

> [...]

Marie Wallin
Project manager and International relations
Royal Institute of Technology Library, Stockholm
KTHB, S-10044 Stockholm, Sweden.
Tel: +46 (0)8 790 8974 Fax: +46 (0)8 790 7466. E-mail: mw@lib.kth.se

--Boundary_(ID_ZeRiviRm6fduEBBpM6m2jQ)--