Re: NOBUGS 2 paper

Hi Andy

> I "discovered" a "imgCIF /CBF" navigation logo, equivalent to the
> IUCr and CIF navigation logos. I presume Brian has produced this.
> Can I use it for my web pages, and for my NOBUGS presentation ?

By all means. It was a trial that I threw together in a spare moment, and I
don't think it's terrifically legible. A better example (based on the CBF
example.jpg file) is at http://www.iucr.org/logos/work, as a series of
trials brian1.gif through brian8.gif (personally I favour brian5). You're
welcome to use whichever of these you prefer.

I haven't got time to do a good job on this, but if anyone has more artistic
merit, the recipe I use for generating these is:

 - use the ImageMagick display program to crop and size an appropriate
     background image to 85x35 pixels

 - "composite" the background image with the mask file
     http://www.iucr.org/logos/work/cbfmask.xbm (there are various
     composite functions that give a variety of effects)

 - "raise" the result on a 3 pixel bevel

 - save the result

This should produce logos in the same style as the other IUCr navigation
buttons.

Happy image manipulation!