Terms of Reference
The Commission on High Pressure was established at the Seattle General Assembly in 1996. The following are its Terms of Reference.
- To develop and strengthen links and interactions between the field of high-pressure crystallography and the whole field of high-pressure science.
- To keep the scope of 'high-pressure crystallography' under ongoing review, and continue to make it as wide and inclusive as possible without compromising its crystallographic identity.
- To promote and encourage the development and dissemination of best practice in high-pressure crystallographic methods and procedures.
- To collect, and make available, current information on central facilities for high-pressure crystallography, and on how to access them.
- To encourage, and where possible assist, young scientists and others new to the field of high-pressure crystallography.
- To advise the IUCr in organising or sponsoring sessions on high-pressure crystallography at Congresses and conferences.
- To promote and coordinate scientific exchange between countries in the field of high-pressure crystallography.
- To cooperate with other Commissions of the Union on matters dealing with high-pressure crystallography.
- To cooperate with other international bodies interested in high-pressure crystallography and allied subjects.
These pages are maintained by the Commission Last updated: 01 Sep 2017