Re: [ddlm-group] Fwd: Fwd: Searching for a compromise on eliding.. . .

On Monday, February 28, 2011 12:16 PM, I wrote:

>F and GP would require backslash doubling when a literal backslash appears at the end of a line, and also when a literal double-backslash appears anywhere (in which case both backslashes would need to be doubled, \\ -> \\\\).

Correction: F and GP would require backslash doubling when a literal backslash appears at the end of a line.  In addition, given any sequence of n + 1 literal backslashes (n >= 0), the first n of them must be doubled, but doubling the last is optional unless it appears at the end of the line.

John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital