Boston ACS Scattering Symposium

Dear Colleagues,

     The American Chemical Society division of Polymeric Materials: Science
and Engineering (PMSE) is sponsoring a symposium on "Scattering from
Polymers" at the national meeting in Boston, August 23 - 27, 1998 .  We are
co-organizing this symposium.  As you are an active member in the
scattering field, we encourage you to contribute a talk or a poster in this
symposium.

     Scattering continues to be an essential part of polymer science, with
its impact on both scientific and technological issues of the field
increasing.  This symposium thus will cover a broad spectrum of advanced
scattering work from polymers, with emphases on block copolymers,
crystalline polymers, complex fluids, multicomponent systems, polymer
surfaces, and applications of scattering to processing.  We expect that
there will be a good mix of contributions from people using the various
types of scattering techniques (neutron, x-ray , LIGHT, and x-ray).  The
invited speakers include: Drs. S. H. Chen (MIT), O. Glatter (U. Graz), T.
Hashimoto (Kyoto U.), J. Higgins (Imperial College), A. Nakatani (NIST), A.
Ryan (UMIST), M. Stamm (MPI), G. Strobl (Albert-Ludwigs U.).

     We intend to publish the presented work in this symposium in a book.
All participants will be asked to contribute a manuscript towards this
book, in addition to submit a preprint for the meeting proceedings.  The
due date for the symposium preprint and the abstract is March 15, 1998.

     In making your submission, please send originals of both the preprint
and the abstract, as well as four copies of the abstract and two of the
preprint, on 8 1/2" x 11" or similar sized paper.  The forms should be sent
to Peggy Cebe.  If you need the ACS preprint and abstract forms, please
contact us ASAP.

     Information about this symposium can be found on the web page
(http://pmse.phy.tufts.edu).  Information on registration for the meeting
and hotel accommodations will be coming out in Chemical & Engineering News
and the ACS web page (http://www.acs/meetings/boston/welcome .htm) in June.
Summer in Boston is very pleasant.  We look forward to your participation
in this symposium.

     Sincerely yours,

Peggy Cebe
Tufts University