Re: Provisional approval for revisions of existing dictionaries

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <comcifs-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: Provisional approval for revisions of existing dictionaries
  • From: Paula Fitzgerald <paula_fitzgerald@merck.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 19:17:07 +0100 (BST)
Hello all -

>                           It doesn't now seem so necessary that
> revisions to the existing dictionaries should be brought to Comcifs for
> provisional approval.  If the DMGs are well constituted and Comcifs has
> its scouts watching out for problems in the DMG discussions, it should
> only be necessary for Comcifs to be asked for final approval.  If problems
> are detected at this stage, the DMG would be asked to fix them before
> approval is granted.

I am all in favor of this - at this point the DMG know "the rules of the
game", so to speak, and I think that eliminating one step in the approval
process would be a great step forward.

Paula

 Dr. Paula M. D. Fitzgerald ________________ email: paula_fitzgerald@merck.com
   Merck Research Laboratories _______________ or bean@merck.com
     P. O. Box 2000, Ry50-105    _______________ voice: (732) 594-5510
       Rahway, NJ 07065 USA        _______________ fax: (732) 594-5042
         (for express mail use 126 E. Lincoln Ave. instead of P. O. Box 2000)