Membership in Comcifs

	The Executive Committee of the IUCr has approved our nominees for
the voting membership of Comcifs.  These are:

	David Brown (Chair)
	Brian McMahon (Secretary)
	Herb Bernstein
	Helen Berman
	Paul Edgington
	Syd Hall
	Gotzon Madariaga

Non-voting membership is open - if you get this message sent to you by
email from the list server you are a member.  Others interested in
becoming members should contact Brian McMahon at bm@iucr.org.  All
members, whether voting or non-voting, get the same mailings and all are
allowed to raise any CIF-related matter on the list server or comment on
items they have seen there.  If you do comment, please use the 'reply'
feature on email to ensure that your reply has the same subject as the
original message.  In this way the list server can link them, which makes
it more likely that someone browsing the transactions on the web will read
your reply in its correct context.

	At our meeting in Glasgow it was decided to set up a number of
standing subcommittees to address the development of the CIF languages
(specifically the Dictionary Definition Language), to monitor the
development of software and to ensure good publicity for CIF.  I will be
circulating the terms of reference and memberships of these subcommittees
in the near future.

David Brown

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca