Re: OMG proposal for macromolecular structure

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <comcifs-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: OMG proposal for macromolecular structure
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:07:53 +0100 (BST)
Dear Phil

Thanks for the additional attribution. Of course, I should have mentioned
Doug (with whom I had a brief correspondence), and the plaudits go to
all the co-workers in this area.

I'm not really within the loop of this work; I'm also aware that the
mmCIFers and friends have been working on a number of other initiatives
with bioinformaticists in related areas. It may also be that other CIF
groups are engaged in collaborative work across disciplines. I'm sure
comcifs-l would be glad of occasional news of any such work in progress.
In addition, David Brown would be happy to report any substantial
developments in the IUCr Newsletter if he is given an appropriate feed,
and we could examine ways of making successful collaborative projects known
to a wider community.

Best wishes
Brian