Backus-Naur Form for CIF

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <comcifs-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Backus-Naur Form for CIF
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:53:15 +0100 (BST)
Dear Colleagues

Nick Spadaccini has posted a BNF description of CIF Syntax and Grammar at
     http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/star/cif-bnf.html

I would like COMCIFS to give formal approval to this version of the BNF, so
that it may be included as part of the "official" specification that we may
refer users to in the new Policy document.

This document has been carefully reviewed by the cif-developers community
and by me, so that COMCIFS members need not carry out their own technical
review unless they so wish. However, I would welcome the formal assent of
COMCIFS voting members to the adoption of this specification. As with voting
for dictionaries, please register your vote for or against (with reasons
in the latter case) within the next two weeks, or request an extension to
give more time to consider the matter.

Regards
Brian