Re: Backus-Naur Form for CIF

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Herbert J. Bernstein wrote:

> Sorry to be a stickler, but, even though CIF's are star files, an
> implementation of star BNF is not an implementation of the proposed CIF
> BNF.  If we are formally proposing a CIF BNF, implementation should be
> carried through to working code at least once, and preferably more than
> once.  Peter has made a good suggestion.

Sorry, I didn't make myself absolutely clear. The STAR versions can be
made into CIF compliant versions very quickly. It mainly involves the
deletion of productions, and then some additional checking on record
lengths etc.

Nick

Dr Nick Spadaccini
Department of Computer Science              voice: +(61 8) 9380 3452
University of Western Australia               fax: +(61 8) 9380 1089
Nedlands, Perth,  WA  6907                 email: nick@cs.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                        web: http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~nick