Re: Accent escape sequences

I would just like to point out that the escape sequencies in use in the
Acta Cryst. editorial office are not part of the CIF conventions.  They
have never been adopted by COMCIFS, though I am sure that COMCIFS would
be willing to consider any proposals people might like to make.  The
problem is that there are many different types of text field and one set
of conventions may not be suitable for all of them.

David
begin:vcard
fn:I.David Brown
n:Brown;I.David
org:McMaster University;Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research
adr:;;King St. W;Hamilton;Ontario;L8S 4M1;Canada
email;internet:idbrown@mcmaster.ca
title:Professor Emeritus
tel;work:+905 525 9140 x 24710
tel;fax:+905 521 2773