Re: Problems with CIF BNF

Without a defined lexer, you cannot do CIF as a BNF; it is context
sensitive in its use of whitespace.  The question you are raising
about EOF should be handled by the lexer, which should deal sensibly
with the usual unix problem of disambiguating the case of a final
line that ends with eof rather than eol-eof.  There is a rather
complete bison grammar in CBFlib working on the level of tokens
after lexing the input.  -- HJB