Minor upgrade to CIF core dictionary

  • To: comcifs@iucr.org
  • Subject: Minor upgrade to CIF core dictionary
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:57:02 +0100
I have prepared a small upgrade to the current core dictionary, to
allow new procedures for structural papers in Acta Cryst. Section E
to be handled smoothly. This entails one new data item,
_publ_section_related_literature, and an extension of the enumeration
list of another, _publ_requested_category. These changes will
boost the dictionary version number to 2.3.2.

Below is a simple diff against the previous version, to show how
little has changed. The complete new file can be obtained by ftp
from ftp://ftp.iucr.org/pub/cif_core_2.3.2.dic

$ diff cif_core_2.3.[12].dic
11c11
< # located at URL ftp://ftp.iucr.org/pub/ddldic.c95
---
> # located at URL ftp://ftp.iucr.org/pub/ddl_core.dic
13c13
< # Copyright 2004 International Union of Crystallography
---
> # Copyright 2007 International Union of Crystallography
19,20c19,20
<     _dictionary_version         2.3.1
<     _dictionary_update          2005-06-27
---
>     _dictionary_version         2.3.2
>     _dictionary_update          2007-03-27
610a611,612
>    2007-03-27 BMcM: Added _publ_section_related_literature; added
>                     new categories (QI, QM, QO) to
_publ_requested_category
7406a7409,7411
>             QI  'Inorganic compounds (Acta E)'
>             QO  'Organic compounds (Acta E)'
>             QM  'Metal-organic compounds (Acta E)'
7448a7454
>                                '_publ_section_related_literature'

We do not require a vote on minor upgrades of this nature; if there
are no objections or comments from COMCIFS members, I shall update
the online documentation and install the new version as the default
download at the beginning of next week.

Regards